Voltron Tips and Tricks

Why use tactics when you can brute force it?

Moderator: Development

Sen
New(er) Management
battle.net: Sen - 435

Voltron Tips and Tricks

Post by Sen »

Couple tips for people playing Voltron out there.

Melee attack + D + Nuke will practically guarantee a builder death. Your "D" ability will grant you full 10 charges, which you can then unleash at a builder for 130/200 damage. A melee attack beforehand will result in a death.

Many people seem to have issues with building static charges. Static Charges will build off any hit on anything. That means the automation, the Ancient Shrine, neutral creeps.

His heal is spammable - don't actually spam it. The best usage of it in a sieging situation is build up 10 charges before the siege. Go in, use it when you lose ~700 health. Immediately after, activate "D" and you have a full 10 charges. Use that when you need it.

On the ultimate - I don't recommend using it on towers. Go for their tech buildings or builders themselves. You don't have enough time to use it on towers.

If a TH is giving you trouble, a full Overload will take care of that. Overload can deal 1000 damage to enemies at max charges (after a 3 second cast time and a very obvious animation). A few ultralisk minions as backup (or even Immortals) will almost negate the damage you take from using it. Just be careful of using it in a base. Recall if you do by accident.

These are only tactics I've come up with when developing Voltron, others may have found better ones.
Hello71
Ghoul

Re: Voltron Tips and Tricks

Post by Hello71 »

Sen wrote:developing Voltron

Translation: -maxlevel
HunkofSteel
Monolith
battle.net: ?????

Post by HunkofSteel »

Once the hotfix gets out I might actually reinstall SC2 just to play Voltron and Ares.

Anyways question: Voltron from what I hear is all about these charges, so its better to stack attack speed right?
What is better than a shit post?
A shitposting thread!

Sen
New(er) Management
battle.net: Sen - 435

Post by Sen »

HunkofSteel wrote:Once the hotfix gets out I might actually reinstall SC2 just to play Voltron and Ares.

Anyways question: Voltron from what I hear is all about these charges, so its better to stack attack speed right?

Not sure.
I will say that I prefer two shotting walls to one shotting them.
Nightblade
Gold Mine
battle.net: Cthulu 940

Post by Nightblade »

From what I've seen of voltron my tip is: Don't pick it. Go ultra. Be OP nuke. Win.
Dragoneles
Voltron
battle.net: Dragoneles 220

Post by Dragoneles »

Voltron seems a bit underwhelming when it comes to sieging. His heals can't sustain him because of his insane mana troubles, which is good to have issues with, don't get me wrong.
I think a good way to fix this is to have the charges passively heal him, like +5 hp/s life regen with some diminishing returns. That way, he can get in and out of sieges faster. Lore could be the static electricity flowing through him.
[quote="Masterful"]One developer's problem is another mans exploit.[/quote]
[background=#343434]FORUM RULES - read me or get a ban.[/background]
thansmight
Mule
battle.net: thansmight 128

Post by thansmight »

Dragoneles wrote:Voltron seems a bit underwhelming when it comes to sieging. His heals can't sustain him because of his insane mana troubles, which is good to have issues with, don't get me wrong.
I think a good way to fix this is to have the charges passively heal him, like +5 hp/s life regen with some diminishing returns. That way, he can get in and out of sieges faster. Lore could be the static electricity flowing through him.

My first game with the patch I got titan and picked voltron because I wanted to play him...I got to 12 and won but I found that Sieging with him was a pain if you didn't D beforehand...Therefor I agree with this change.
So yea I'm a anime fan have a problem?
HunkofSteel
Monolith
battle.net: ?????

Post by HunkofSteel »

1. Stack attack speed and HP.
2. Gain charges from something except D.
3. Go in base and gain charges.
4. Spam heal.
5. Use D as a last heal resort.
6. ???
7. Profit.

I don't really know how well Voltron is since I only played him once, but isn't this good enough? No one dictated you must D before you attack a base, although the heal helps a lot.

One problem I think that people are having problems with bases is not the charges, but the rate of charges being recharged.

First there is the attack speed. Voltron does not have a high base attack speed, which makes it difficult unless he stacks attack speed.

Second there is his MS. All titan's have a base movement speed of 4, meaning that after a wall is destroyed, a titan needs 0.5 seconds to reach the next wall. This 0.5 seconds is really crucial for someone like Voltron which needs to stack charges. Imagine the Archon, what made it such a good early baser killer when used by a strong player? It is Archon's rage, the ability to attack quickly and move in quickly. All the more so with Voltron, which foundation lays in this.

What I think should be done rather than each charge giving him increased heal, each charge electrises his movement and he attacks faster and moves faster. To balance it out, you could nerf the number of charges D gives.
What is better than a shit post?
A shitposting thread!

Antinoobian
Destroyed

Post by Antinoobian »

Passive move speed buff.

And here I thought Archon was supposed to be the best Chaser. Maybe if it only applied when you were very close to a Building (Like within 4 or so) it could work, but as I recall Voltron isn't meant to be the best chaser.
Sen wrote:Generic names OP.
Sizlak wrote:Quote this, and you will be destroyed.
Agouti wrote:You are entitled to your opinion, even if you are totally clueless.
Dragoneles
Voltron
battle.net: Dragoneles 220

Post by Dragoneles »

HunkofSteel wrote:1. Stack attack speed and HP.
2. Gain charges from something except D.
3. Go in base and gain charges.
4. Spam heal.
5. Use D as a last heal resort.
6. ???
7. Profit.

This can't be done, and is why Voltron sucks. He has no mana to do any of this with.
[quote="Masterful"]One developer's problem is another mans exploit.[/quote]
[background=#343434]FORUM RULES - read me or get a ban.[/background]