Can anyone make a baneling guide?

Why use tactics when you can brute force it?

Moderator: Development

ivanbin
Mule

Can anyone make a baneling guide?

Post by ivanbin »

Pretty please?
9Zakarious6
Monolith
battle.net: Zakarious #1334

Re: Can anyone make a baneling guide?

Post by 9Zakarious6 »

Here's three
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1214
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=172
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2024
Not sure how out of date they are though. Don't think baneling was changed much so they should be fine.
Bottom two are baneling base guides. Top one is actual guide.

The guide directory is helpful.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1276
Phase-Smith
No amount of GHz or teraflops will be able to overcome the excessive lag between your neurons.
ivanbin
Mule

Post by ivanbin »

I was more hoping for something more recent. Game had lots of changes
9Zakarious6
Monolith
battle.net: Zakarious #1334

Post by 9Zakarious6 »

ivanbin wrote:I was more hoping for something more recent. Game had lots of changes

Baneling itself hasn't been changed however.

Just saying, most regulars who still play ID on these forums these days dislike baneling and probably won't want to make a guide. I believe the baneling page on the wiki is up to date and the things in the first guide I listed are somewhat helpful.
Phase-Smith
No amount of GHz or teraflops will be able to overcome the excessive lag between your neurons.
Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Post by Tehr »

Tehr's Guide to Baneling Play:

Step 1: Run to a group of 3 trees within close proximity of each other. Make Hive. Rally three workers to the trees. Begin wooding. At 200 wood, construct two supply. At 100 wood, construct another supply. Repeat. Kill all four supply once you have three workers out. Continue wooding. At 300 wood, construct a Baneling Nest at 300 wood at a place that blocks entrance to your wooding location (if possible). Hotkey workers. Hotkey Baneling Nest. Prepare your Hive to be denied (if possible).

Step 2: Run to Gold. Begin Golding. Get lots of Gold. Research basic spawns from Baneling Nest. Research Heal from Baneling Nest. Obtain 10 > 25 > 45 > 65 > 80 > 90+ > 125+ Gold. Purchase three Serrated Claws from Joe Armenias.

Step 3: Return to wooding location. Use Serrated Claws on cooldown on all of your workers. Create Baneling Spire. Research Abberations and Spawn Quantity from Baneling Spire. Research Energy from Baneling Nest. Move to a base when it finishes. Create Baneling Den. Research Damage Upgrades or Brutalisk. When you get to 15 Gold (or cannot get another upgrade without going below 15 Gold), Create a Feederling.

Step 4: When the Titan attacks, either spawn your army to the side and trap him in the lane with your army (+Brutalisk), or spawn your eggs directly on top of him to "Egg Trap" him. Alternatively, spawn your Army and attack move towards a Minion. Trap said Minion. Attack said Minion until it dies.

Step 5: Repeat Step 4 with intelligence, or upon Titan, if no Minion remains.

Step 6: Realize you wasted 30 minutes of your life.

Step 7: Cry.

Step 8: Write a Baneling Replacement Suggestion. Convince Sen to implement said Baneling Suggestion in ID1. Repeat.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
ivanbin
Mule

Post by ivanbin »

WHy do ppl dislike bane?
Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Post by Tehr »

It's hard to describe, but basically, any Builder that Harvests for half the game, then Waits/Feeds/Kills for the second half of the game is boring. It's useless until it has all of its upgrades, and then it plays the waiting game. All of the other Builders have something interesting to do in the beginning, middle, and end of the game EXCEPT the Baneling, who is only really useful in the middle.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
ivanbin
Mule

Post by ivanbin »

Wont bane be useful late game too, if it has ALL upgrades? Because I know there's like 5 attack upgrades that help quite abit.

Granted, all my times playing baneling, and doing good, titan died to someone else before I was maxed. And by maxed I mean having 11k wood. By the time I have 9k, i start upping and by 11k im usually done. That takes like 15 mins to get?
Bontazor
Bontalisk

Post by Bontazor »

Inevitably boring
ivanbin
Mule

Post by ivanbin »

Can any 1 recommend a builder that can match titan?
Im not a big fan of basers, because it involves waiting for the titan to come to them.
Preferably some army based builder or some such?
Something that can do alot of damage if played right.

Already tried DT and his army, as well as Changeling and 500% mega form ( oh yehhhh)