Pinkie Pie's Guide To: Minimizing Feed

Why use tactics when you can brute force it?

Moderator: Development

PinkiePie
Dark Prism
battle.net: RainbowDash.498

Pinkie Pie's Guide To: Minimizing Feed

Post by PinkiePie »

Minimizing Your Feed

Let’s define feed – A source of income for the titan, whether it be big or small
Let define minimize – Minimizing opportunity for both gold and experience points by minimizing the number of warning structures combined with the maximum distance to your farm.

Teal - Only 2-3 Walls needed with maximum distance to your farm. 1-2 doors.
Orange - 2-5 Walls needed, potentially in the "teal zone" for pros and depending on what's around you.
Yellow - Potentially Dangerous, at least 1 blind spot for successful nuke.
Red - Highly dangerous and high traffic area, potentially many unguarded blind spots.

Starting with the top left corner, this one is pretty simple. Just make sure your walls aren't on the ramp itself, but out far enough to give time. This base only needs 2 warning walls with plenty of detonation time.

Just below that one, is an excellent patch of trees which only needs three walls:

The bottom right corner only needs 2 walls, however it's highly advised they be upgraded:

Obviously the pocket inside the bottom left only needs 1 wall at the door.

The Harassing Hunter vs. the Aggressive Hunter

The accepted norm I notice is for a hunter to be shot until almost dead, then blink away. Which is very dangerous. Use range to your advantage. Time is the titan's biggest enemy, not a stalker. If you run the second it chases, the likeliness of being killed is greatly reduced.

In the end, getting 5 shots off in 5 minutes and being alive is better than 5 shots in a row and possibly dying, then having to heal for 5 minutes.

MULEs

Assuming you're a reaper who wants to base, over time I would have to agree it may actually be better to harvest ground level. When a reaper builds on hills they are not only mostly blind depending on who's around them, but the builder easily develops a lack of alert towards them. If you're collecting ground level, you're much more likely to be alert to your farm. Self-detonating walls and no collection stations only make it better.

Building additional warning walls can be a plus. Detonate your MULEs and walls at the same time. They will only hit the walls they can, and the MULEs are still saved.
Vallvaka

Re: Pinkie Pie's Guide To: Minimizing Feed

Post by Vallvaka »

I find it useful to find the optimal wall:distance ratio. For example, when I base at the double base in top right, I don't wall off the entrances of the base. I wall off the chokes leading up to the base instead: the bridge way on top, the narrow corridor running down the right side of the waterfall base, and the foresty-open area to the bottom left of the left opening of the base. This not only lessens the amount of walls you need, but it also protects your treeline from nuking as well as giving you more warning time to allow you fully detonate. The only downside is when you detonate when one of your walls is killed, when in reality the placed wall was so far away that he wasn't even coming to your base in the first place, and you lose out on a bit of mining time.
TreeMystery
Roach
battle.net: ElitistTree.718

Post by TreeMystery »

If you are a reaper with extra time on your hands its also a good practice to place your wood drop off building all around the maps on the cliffs. Not only does it help with vision but it also helps by spreading out your workers for less feed.
Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Post by Tehr »

Or better yet, make one worker per cliff, and have at least one upgraded wall per cliff. On the cliffs with two 2x2 spots, I put a wall in the high-travel area, and the reactor in the other, to replace my killed MULEs. The vision of upgraded walls is awesome, and is much better than that of the reactor.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
TreeMystery
Roach
battle.net: ElitistTree.718

Post by TreeMystery »

Tehr wrote:Or better yet, make one worker per cliff, and have at least one upgraded wall per cliff. On the cliffs with two 2x2 spots, I put a wall in the high-travel area, and the reactor in the other, to replace my killed MULEs. The vision of upgraded walls is awesome, and is much better than that of the reactor.

Yeah thats what I meant. I love you.
Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Post by Tehr »

Kinky, dawg.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
9Zakarious6
Monolith
battle.net: Zakarious #1334

Post by 9Zakarious6 »

By the way, the second wood base you described needs another wall near the first one you circled.
Grid-wise it is always hard to place it due to the doodads and stuff, but titans can easily walk through that if you leave it with 3 walls.
Phase-Smith
No amount of GHz or teraflops will be able to overcome the excessive lag between your neurons.
PinkiePie
Dark Prism
battle.net: RainbowDash.498

Post by PinkiePie »

9Zakarious6 wrote:By the way, the second wood base you described needs another wall near the first one you circled.
Grid-wise it is always hard to place it due to the doodads and stuff, but titans can easily walk through that if you leave it with 3 walls.

Ya I just checked that, titan apparently can walk over the sandbags... I never knew that, I guess that southern end does take 2 walls :shock:
9Zakarious6
Monolith
battle.net: Zakarious #1334

Post by 9Zakarious6 »

PinkiePie wrote:
9Zakarious6 wrote:By the way, the second wood base you described needs another wall near the first one you circled.

Ya I just checked that, titan apparently can walk over the sandbags... I never knew that, I guess that southern end does take 2 walls :shock:

I remember when Powers used to always wood base there and only put one wall on that side. I would get so much feed from him if I was titan :lol: .
Phase-Smith
No amount of GHz or teraflops will be able to overcome the excessive lag between your neurons.
Vallvaka

Post by Vallvaka »

Tehr wrote:Kinky, dawg.

BRAZZERS