Walling in bases. How to wall in what base.

Why use tactics when you can brute force it?

Moderator: Development

9Zakarious6
Monolith
battle.net: Zakarious #1334

Re: Walling in bases. How to wall in what base.

Post by 9Zakarious6 »

Got pictures of towering/walls for bases that are decent.

Mid Left: (A picture didn't load from this base. It is the same as the first picture just with the upper half of turrets with walls is one down in that pattern.)
Spoiler: show

Mid Right:

Top Left:

Upper Left:

Waterfall:

Bottom Left: (Second pic is of the side part that I always add in)

Bottom Mid:

Bottom Right:

Double Tier: (Second pic has a small change on the bottom right side of the base.)
Phase-Smith
No amount of GHz or teraflops will be able to overcome the excessive lag between your neurons.
quantifier
Mechanized Sentry

Post by quantifier »

The sidemost walls at waterfall should be forwarded.
When you see this, smile.
Brood
Cargo Truck

Post by Brood »

Anyone have a layout for the base a tad right of gold?

It's pretty nifty, has enough room for 2 supporter's tech and can have 2 support lanes.
Downsides are that it's subject to easy attrition and vision problems (dem cliffs).
Vallvaka

Post by Vallvaka »

Reverse arrow works nicely. The support lane is much better on the top than the bottom
9Zakarious6
Monolith

Post by 9Zakarious6 »

Brood wrote:Anyone have a layout for the base a tad right of gold?

It's pretty nifty, has enough room for 2 supporter's tech and can have 2 support lanes.
Downsides are that it's subject to easy attrition and vision problems (dem cliffs).

You mean Jaxmbase? Yes I do.

quantifier wrote:The sidemost walls at waterfall should be forwarded.

There are two reverse arrows of mine at waterfall. One with 2 entrance lanes. One with 4.
Phase-Smith
No amount of GHz or teraflops will be able to overcome the excessive lag between your neurons.
Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Post by Tehr »

"Upper Left" should be executed slightly differently, in that the top side should be two rows maximum, and lifted up one space to allow for a support lane.

Heh, I almost want to go through and take screenshots of unique walling-styles that I've theorycrafted/experimented/developed... Or at least do the bases in the way that I find is the most efficient (especially accounting for support such as KT/Changeling).
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
9Zakarious6
Monolith

Post by 9Zakarious6 »

Only bases I had a support lane in were far right,double tier, and Jaxm base.

Waterfall/bottom mid/upper left/mid left all can have a support lane easily added to either side.
Phase-Smith
Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Post by Tehr »

9Zakarious6 wrote:Only bases I had a support lane in were far right,double tier, and Jaxm base.

Waterfall/bottom mid/upper left/mid left all can have a support lane easily added to either side.

Jaxmbase, Far Right, Double Tier, and "Upper Left" are layed out in such a way that adding a support lane not only makes it more navigable and intelligent in its design and layout, it also doesn't reduce efficiency, and as such they should always have a support lane.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
TerminalLife
Hellion
battle.net: 420

Post by TerminalLife »

9Zakarious6 wrote:Waterfall:

Well, here is my 2 cents. I usually have the "4 way entrance" because of the following two reasons: A) the walls are one more space back so the titan must travel even deeper into the base just to even attack, B) that 4 way lanes are all the support lanes you will probably need.

Notice one thing here, that the cannon's underneath the unmade pylons are one space more to the south. From my experience, the titan can actually hit those cannons the way you placed them without having to kill those 3rd side wall.

This is also exactly how I creat my Zealot early base at the 27:00 mark in the game. The total cost of the base is 3900 lumber with 24 unupgraded cannons and 9 upgraded walls in what is my opinion the most optimal placement. The supply count is also maxed at 150/150.

*Key point to new players: Walls > Towers when upgrading, always have your Titan Hunter out BEFORE you base, and also upgrade BACK towers before the front ones. (Having an upgraded tower + another tower seems more optimal then just one upgraded one)

Seriously, you would be surprised on how many times I have killed titans with this, how effect it is, and really only seen it fail two or three times out of idk like 50.
Tehr wrote:Term went from respectable college student studying exercise kinesiology who was very much interested in physical fitness to being a 420 le dank interwebian.
PinkiePie
Dark Prism
battle.net: RainbowDash.498

Post by PinkiePie »

Walls are for bitches... Get those ARC ups in under 12 minutes and have your stalker be your wall! :D