Minion Use Strategies

Why use tactics when you can brute force it?

Moderator: Development

HunkofSteel
Monolith
battle.net: ?????

Re: Minion Use Strategies

Post by HunkofSteel »

stacking anything is powerful. With the possible exception of immortal nukes and thor nukes.

I wonder if you can stack Thor's thunderclaps...
What is better than a shit post?
A shitposting thread!

quantifier
Mechanized Sentry

Post by quantifier »

HunkofSteel wrote:stacking anything is powerful. With the possible exception of immortal nukes and thor nukes.

I wonder if you can stack Thor's thunderclaps...

Doesn't thor nuke stack?

By the way, archon nuke doesn't.

Also, healing wards work on nydus. Speaking of nydus, I never understand why marines/zealots/reapers use towers to nydus proof.
When you see this, smile.
Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Post by Tehr »

Archon nuke doesn't stack because it also slows.

Nor does Infestor nuke stack, although it resets the damage duration, and since it deals damage over 1.5 seconds, it's unlikely you'll waste a LOT of damage, as you would with Thor/Archon/Immortal.

I always nydus proof with wood dropoffs, leaving no 2x2's. I'll sometimes leave a 2x2 in an obvious and secluded spot of the base just to see them nydus in... but be unable to unload. It's despicably fun. However, since 3 supply caches can kill a Nydus before it finishes, that's often the best idea for Nydus-proofing.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
PinkiePie
Dark Prism
battle.net: RainbowDash.498

Post by PinkiePie »

stacking ice lord mini nuke is epic .... you can heal your enemies to full HP in 1 shot ;)
Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Post by Tehr »

So I decided to cheese today. Someone based at 21:00 or so in top middle base (probably the worst legitimate non-troll base) as Zealot. I had an Infestor and Archon that I used to pubstomp my way to 5 additional eggs. Put the Infestor on the cliff and farmed three levels in about 60 seconds from the baser continually trying to harvest wood in the back (no scan = nuke on cooldown) by using the Archon, and at the end, I had my level 9 Immortal and 5 level 5 Immortal Minions. Just A-moved, face-tanked my way through an unupgraded Baneling army that was spawned in the lane as I attacked (Immortal nuke is terrible for disrupting eggs), ate his base, and ended up losing only one Immortal.

Good times.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]