Pinkie's Sentry Guide

Why use tactics when you can brute force it?

Moderator: Development

PinkiePie
Dark Prism
battle.net: RainbowDash.498

Pinkie's Sentry Guide

Post by PinkiePie »

I get a lot of LOL's at my Sentry methods so I thought I'd explain:

The Sentry should always be used by the person with the best micro and best team skills. The most important part of your role is protecting others. The "Batman" builders.

An out of the egg level 1 titan does roughly around 115dmg with close to a 1 second attack speed. Walling the gold fully is a top priority for you at start. Even if you feel confident enough you can escape, it may not be the truth for all.

Upgrading walls at the gold early can buy tremendous time for those running plus your allies wood bases. Taking 5-6 seconds per wall is a very long time for 1 gold and 20xp. Buying 10-20 seconds per builder chase/recall adds up to a lot of undisturbed wood collecting time along with easier escapes.

---------------

"Fail walling" meaning leaving a 2x2 space or larger open, isn't necessarily fail if you have titan hunters such as Predators at the gold, they can act as a block, and also allow path in and out without wasting blinks and energy

This also allows Lurkers to enter and exit.

Just remember to create a large enough detour for those exiting

---------------

If you see an ally such as a Spectre who has minimal ability to protect their wood bases, help them out and give a warning wall. Don't be afraid to create random jukes... It might save a life later on.

The sentry should always be the top feeder on the board performing their duties as protector!
Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Re: Pinkie's Sentry Guide

Post by Tehr »

Also, keep in mind that the Sentry's attacks slow! If the Titan TP's to Gold in an attempt to gank someone nearby, don't be afraid to attack once or twice until the aggro goes to you, then cloak your way out of it. He'll either be proximity-aggro'ing you, or attack moving, so you'll almost always save a life.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
PinkiePie
Dark Prism

Post by PinkiePie »

Tehr wrote:Also, keep in mind that the Sentry's attacks slow!

I write these for people trying to get on their feet/understand the unit... that's dangerous and risky to the wrong person
WeareLegion
Hellion

Post by WeareLegion »

I remember when the Sentry had 5 range and two Sentries in a base meant GG because of that double forcefield...

It had so much range and lasted for 5 seconds... Or something else ludicrous.
Also, wasn't that back when Psionic Refraction was glitched?
Vallvaka

Post by Vallvaka »

I don't think Sentry ever had 5 range. The only builder that I know with 5 range is the KT Marauder
PinkiePie
Dark Prism

Post by PinkiePie »

cling
Vallvaka

Post by Vallvaka »

Oh yeah
quantifier
Mechanized Sentry