SC2 Island Defense

Strategy & Guides

Island Defense Handbook

Why use tactics when you can brute force it?

Moderator: Development

Re: Island Defense Handbook

Postby 9Zakarious6 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:59 pm

Scythe wrote:Titan is advanced gameplay and much harder than the builder side!
You could compare Builders with Bronze/Silver League Terran and Titan with Plat/Diamond Zerg.

Bit biased there ain't ya? Could have just left it at Bronze/Silver and Plat/Diamond.
Phase-Smith

No amount of GHz or teraflops will be able to overcome the excessive lag between your neurons.
9Zakarious6
Monolith

Battle.Net: Zakarious #1334

Postby Vallvaka » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:08 pm

Hell, I'm gold when it comes to Terran. It's too goddamn easy. All you do is mass Rax and move out at 10 minutes with 50 marines
Vallvaka

Postby Scythe » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:11 pm

^

Not biased. To be effective with Terran you need to know how to a-move.

To be effective with Zerg you need to know the perfect counters for every comp, never miss an inject, macro godly and all the while micro 2 armies at two different bases.

Just saying.
Scythe
Brutalisk

Battle.Net: Scythe 499

Postby 9Zakarious6 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:13 pm

From what I have seen, Terran is easier at lower levels, but harder at higher ones.
And Zerg is the opposite.

At higher levels, Terran has to micro godly to counter your armies or else they would get obliterated easily.
And Zerg at higher levels has pretty much gotten the hang of the macro part of the game and can focus more on army control as the macro becomes muscle memory.
Phase-Smith

No amount of GHz or teraflops will be able to overcome the excessive lag between your neurons.
9Zakarious6
Monolith

Postby Scythe » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:22 pm

So you say because you play godlike macro out of your muscle memory that zerg then suddenly becomes easy?

Terran can a-move armies. Zerg has to micro nearly every kind of unit on it's own. Terran has instant attacks. Zerg has missle based attacks.
Scythe
Brutalisk

Postby 9Zakarious6 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:29 pm

Scythe wrote:So you say because you play godlike macro out of your muscle memory that zerg then suddenly becomes easy?

Terran can a-move armies. Zerg has to micro nearly every kind of unit on it's own. Terran has instant attacks. Zerg has missle based attacks.

Terran can't a-move armies at higher levels. (Banelings+Zerglings+Ultras would tear that thing to shreds)
Zerg is more based on positional play from what I have seen.

In pro games, I have seen more a-moves from Zerg than I have from Terran. Just saying.

Different races are different. Terran is much more micro heavy than macro and Zerg is the somewhat opposite of that. Protoss is somewhere inbetween.

And also, if you have things down by muscle memory, it actually is easy for you compared to someone who doesn't.
Phase-Smith

9Zakarious6
Monolith

Postby Tehr » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:37 pm

[/discussion of race balances]

That is completely unrelated to Island Defense. Let's keep the Guide/Strategy section on topic as much as possible.
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tehr
Demonicus

Battle.Net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Postby Scythe » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Completely unrelated to that, it's funny how - when I write - I always already know about what little unimportant detail someone will argue 3-4 pages later.

I just don't care enough to change it. The world is not there to make it right for everyone and especially I am not.
Scythe
Brutalisk

Postby 9Zakarious6 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Scythe wrote:Completely unrelated to that, it's funny how - when I write - I always already know about what little unimportant detail someone will argue 3-4 pages later.

I just don't care enough to change it. The world is not there to make it right for everyone and especially I am not.

Lol. I just was browsing through, and found that spoiler. First opened, and I was like "why is this spoilered?" Then I saw the league/race correlation thing.

But whatever. This information needed to be compiled somewhere so keep up the good work.
Phase-Smith

9Zakarious6
Monolith

Postby Scythe » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:36 pm

Eh, it's spoilered because I needed a big horizontal break between the builder and titan section. HR's don't cut it.
Scythe
Brutalisk

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy & Guides