SC2 Island Defense

Media

Funny Pictures

Imagedumps, youtube, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Funny Pictures

Postby Tehr » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:52 am

Scythe wrote:
Tehr wrote:I consider myself an accepting person, but honestly, FUCK anyone who applies tags to themselves in an effort to feel special, or whatever the fuck that shitbag is doing. People out there legitimately have gender dysphoria and other simimlar psychological conditions and disorders, and anyone who abuses such terms is a fucking asshole.

Totally agree. I feel the same way about people who do anything to be a super special snowflake (or feel that way).

Tehr wrote:My point is that some definitions of furry - any of those that involve a "fursona" or identifying as an animal - CANNOT logically coexist with the term transgender. Transgender is gender dysphoria, and the aforementioned definitions of furry are species dysphoria, two conflicting terms. You CANNOT be bigender, transgender, and a therian furry. It is not fucking possible unless you're making shit up.

And this is where I don't follow. I mean, being a different species AND a different gender works, doesn't it? If I'm a male human but I feel like a female wolf - I don't see how that is impossible? Purely hypothetical.
Also having a Fursona has nothing to do with dysphoria - it's simply your anthro version. Like... I dunno man, a super-hero version of you, a jedi-version of you etc. - it's nothing people are usually serious about.

Species dysphoria is more a thing of otherkin and therian communities - furries have people from there more commonly, but it doesn't define furry. And there the fursona often becomes something very serious to the people - but again, that doesn't really define what it is.

Either way - I see where the hate is coming from and I understand it rather well too now. The things that upset people (trying to be a super special snowflake, dragging their personal likes into public, etc.) piss me off too. Sadly that's the minority of furries, but the majority of surface that is exposed to the outside. Oh dear, makes me remember the time they were still focusing on bestiality.

Something bad that you can really hate about furries is that they are nearly always handicapped in a social way. It's like a prerequisite for becoming one. Not necessarily, but kind of.

Gender dysphoria (transgender) means that you identify as a sex different from what you were born as, but still of your species. Species dysphoria is when you identify as a different species, but doesn't prescribe you as a member of your current sex, meaning that if you were a male human that identified as a female wolf, you would have species dysphoria identifying as a female wolf. Saying you have gender dysphoria and species dysphoria means that you are a male human who identifies as a female human who identifies as a female wolf, which condenses down to a male human who identifies as a female wolf and is thus ONLY species dysphoria because the definition of both dysphorias relies on you physiologically being a female human to be a "female human who identifies as a female wolf".

I can understand what you mean about fursona, and I find that fine. I think that a lot of this confusion stems from the fact that these terms, being so new, don't have a standardized definition. I am fine with people being anything along each individual spectrum, but what I don't accept is the above nonsense and the practice of over-diagnosing yourself just to feel special.

Perhaps my hatred of that person above is extending into my speech and giving you the wrong idea of what I think. I just really hate that shitbag. Claiming that you're transgender AND bigender is ridiculous and false. Claiming that you're bisexual AND pansexual is ridiculous and false. Claiming that you're transgender AND a therian furry is ridiculous and false. Combine it all, and that person is a flaming cunt.
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tehr
Demonicus

Battle.Net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Postby Vallvaka » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:34 am

The whole otherkin/species dysphoria business is just all around a load of horseshit. Gender dysphoria and differing sexualities have their roots in biology, and historically have evidence that indicate that they have always been present in people.

The concept of otherkin is completely different. It has no basis in biology whatsoever, and no historical evidence to back it up (Even its Wikipedia page says that it grew out of online communities in the 1990s, which is hardly "historical"). Compare with something like homosexuality, which stems back to ancient Greece and Rome. Even transgenderism has historical evidence of existing, though I can't find as much (likely because it has been much more taboo historically and harder to address socially and medically). Albert Cashier is an example of a woman who lived as a man during and following the Civil War. Otherkin-ism is completely dependent on the Internet and the social aspect that it brings.

Not to mention the fact that the animals are always badass. Nobody identifies as dung beetle-kin or platypus-kin, it's always wolfkin, elfkin, or even dragonkin (really?? you actually identify as a FICTIONAL creature???? ffs).
Vallvaka
Repressed

Battle.Net: Vallvaka.158

Postby TerminalLife » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:50 am

k
Tehr wrote:Term went from respectable college student studying exercise kinesiology who was very much interested in physical fitness to being a 420 le dank interwebian.
TerminalLife
Hellion

Battle.Net: 420

Postby TerminalLife » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:26 am

I will consider this a funny picture, fuck it.

This is what happens when 4chan raids a post, top kek comments all in the negatives.

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments ... /?sort=top
Tehr wrote:Term went from respectable college student studying exercise kinesiology who was very much interested in physical fitness to being a 420 le dank interwebian.
TerminalLife
Hellion

Battle.Net: 420

Postby Critikill » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:14 am

Critikill
Titan

Battle.Net: Critikill#1658

Postby Vallvaka » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:53 am

Vallvaka
Repressed

Battle.Net: Vallvaka.158

Postby Critikill » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:22 am

Critikill
Titan

Battle.Net: Critikill#1658

Postby JosefK » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:53 pm

My first thought was, he lied in every word.
JosefK
Stalker

Battle.Net: Josef#748

Postby Ouros » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:11 am

why stop with just one when you have them all?
http://www.sadanduseless.com/2015/10/terrible-jokes/
Ouros
Cargo Truck

Postby Ouros » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:59 am

Ouros
Cargo Truck

Previous

Return to Media