SC2 Island Defense

Media

Steam Summer Wallet Drain

Imagedumps, youtube, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Steam Summer Wallet Drain

Postby Scythe » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:06 pm

What are you going to buy? Any games you think are really worth getting that are on sale right now?

I'm buying South Park Stick of Truth when I get the chance. Bought Sniper Elite 3 because I really want to try that game. Looks hella fun. I'm still browsing, so that's just the start.

Having a job has upsides.

Edit: Of course - I forgot. Witcher 3. I had no intention to miss that game, but so far I wasn't up for it.
Scythe
Brutalisk

Battle.Net: Scythe 499

Re: Steam Summer Wallet Drain

Postby Stereo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:21 pm

not gonna get anything cuz all I play is SC2
Stereo
Dark Zealot

Battle.Net: Rifleman#1716

Postby Masterluigi452 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:32 pm

UNDERTALE UNDERTALE UNDERTALE UNDERTALE

Oh and grab Enter the Gungeon, Crypt of the NecroDancer, FTL, and buttload more of games.
Masterluigi452
Brony Overlord

Battle.Net: MasterL#1505

Postby Tehr » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:55 am

Fuck dude, today was payday... they planned this!!

People can survive off ramen, boiled chicken, and tapwater, right?
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tehr
Demonicus

Battle.Net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Postby Scythe » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:50 am

Masterluigi452 wrote:UNDERTALE UNDERTALE UNDERTALE UNDERTALE

Oh and grab Enter the Gungeon, Crypt of the NecroDancer, FTL, and buttload more of games.

I don't really enjoy top down RPGs for the most part. FTL I have and it's fun. Good game design there. If they would keep adding new stuff, that would be awesome.

I'm also more of a cherry picking person when it comes to games. I never buy something just because it seems good. Either I buy it to play it RIGHT NOW or I don't buy it. The exception are games where I know for sure that I won't let a few weeks pass without playing them, like South Park SToT.

The reason for this is mainly that I rather save the money I would spend on a game I potentially never play and then use that to buy something I really want later, which I immediately play then.
Scythe
Brutalisk

Battle.Net: Scythe 499

Postby Sen » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:17 am

Anyone tried Stellaris yet? I'm considering it.
Sen
New(er) Management

Battle.Net: Sen - 435

Postby 9Zakarious6 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:32 am

Sen wrote:Anyone tried Stellaris yet? I'm considering it.

I have 161 hours in it already. I find it really enjoyable (I'm a Grand Strategy addict as well as Paradox fanboy so take that with a grain of salt). If you haven't already, find some gameplay to watch before making a decision.

Paradox is a company that does a lot of patching/expansions for their games (Eu4 and Ck2 are 3/4 years old and are still getting updates and expansions with eu4 having 8 expansions and ck2 having 10 with both having one in the works currently), so there will always be fresh content as time goes on. (Stellaris already had one semi-major patch and a major one coming up in a week or so before they start working on expansions).
Phase-Smith

No amount of GHz or teraflops will be able to overcome the excessive lag between your neurons.
9Zakarious6
Monolith

Battle.Net: Zakarious #1334

Postby Masterluigi452 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:18 am

Buy Golf With Your Friends too.
It's in an early access, but it offers you a solid mini golf experience with multiplayer focus.
At the moment, there is no true single player or a "couch play" mode, but it's still worth it if you enjoy mini golf from Flash game era.
Masterluigi452
Brony Overlord

Battle.Net: MasterL#1505

Postby Vallvaka » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:23 pm

Since I'm gonna be bogged down with college work again in only a few months and I can't have the distraction, I can only afford to buy a few games that I know I can finish before college is back in session (therefore games like Overwatch (yes I know it's not on Steam) is out of question, unfortunately).

Anyone have some recommendations?
Vallvaka
Repressed

Battle.Net: Vallvaka.158

Postby Tehr » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:10 pm

If you enjoyed Baldur's Gate I and II, Icewind Dale is on sale for $8.

Got a couple other ones, but that's one that I picked up and I'm looking forward to playing it.

I also grabbed Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition that I'm gonna play with some friends. I've been looking at that game for a while, and it's $30 right now with all the DLC. At the moment I'm at myself, one of my friends, and JaXm, and I just noticed that Term has it too, so you'd likely be able to jump in with some of us (you can play solo, or up to 4 people, and the game has match-making, too).

I've also been looking at Rainbow Six Siege, but I don't know if it's something I'd play that much. It's only $30, and it does seem to be quite in-depth, but I don't know if it's something I'd play for very long.

Also, I purchased and played a bit of Sniper Elite III, and I could not fucking stand it. I usually don't return stuff, especially since it was only $10 on sale, but I disliked it so much that I would rather have burned the money than support the developer. Clunky, attempts to be hyper-realistic but falls extremely short (you can't shoot through canvas, but you can shoot through a metal helmet), and overall quite shitty (the realistic bullet mechanics would be super fun, except there's no discernible way to check windspeed or distance considering the fucking tree and plant life sways randomly and often against the wind). Returned it with less than 30 minutes of playtime (10 in menus and watching mediocre still-frame cutscenes).

Also, Fable Anniversary is on sale for $5.24.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tehr
Demonicus

Battle.Net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Next

Return to Media