Spawn response

Home of all terrible locked topics. You have a better chance of the winning the Powerball jackpot than finding something good in here.

Moderator: Moderators

luigil101
Drone
battle.net: luigil 858

Re: Titan spawning

Post by luigil101 »

JUST LOCK THE THREAD FOR FUCKS SAKE... Send it too the warehouse too
Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Post by Tehr »

Keep it on topic, guys, and stop derailing. We're having a serious conversation here.

Thank you.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Critikill
Titan
battle.net: Critikill#1658

Post by Critikill »

Could have been a good discussion, but nah gotta troll brah
Masterful
Stalker
battle.net: Masterful.168

Post by Masterful »

10/10 would read again.
luigil101
Drone
battle.net: luigil 858

Post by luigil101 »

Tehr wrote:Keep it on topic, guys, and stop derailing. We're having a serious conversation here.

Thank you.
You're the one that derailed farther... So shut the fuck up and have a terrible day.
Bontazor
Bontalisk

Post by Bontazor »

So I spent two hours trying to get through an end-game instance with two wipes because of two new players, hoping you guys would not blow this over

Okay

Nice

Locked, cleaning

Actually the content within this thread merits an entire split now for the sake of a more streamlined topic
Dragoneles
Voltron
battle.net: Dragoneles 220

Re: Spawn response

Post by Dragoneles »

Should have PMed me on Steam.
[quote="Masterful"]One developer's problem is another mans exploit.[/quote]
[background=#343434]FORUM RULES - read me or get a ban.[/background]
Bontazor
Bontalisk

Post by Bontazor »

I would but I need to set up an overlay
Checkng in to doing that tomorrow
Cow
Steak
battle.net: Cow.957

Post by Cow »

Tehr wrote:That is literally the worst idea I have ever heard. Seriously, come on now, there are at least sixteen reasons why that's bad. Let me list them for you:
I'm just gonna play devil's advocate here.
Tehr wrote:
  1. You are dumb
Irrefutable but that does make you look like a prick.
Tehr wrote:[*]That is ridiculously overpowered
Is it?
Tehr wrote:[*]You're forgetting the fact that it would allow the Titan a significant benefit that it does not justly deserve
It could be argued that the Titan needs a significant benefit

I won't argue he needs that significant an advantage but someone certainly could
Tehr wrote:[*]If the Titan is able to do this, nobody will know where he can spawn, and an intelligent Titan can spawn below the shop and instantly gank anyone trying to wood right outside there
An intelligent builder could just as easily not wood below the shop, or not at all until the Titan has spawned. Your point?
Tehr wrote:[*]You are really dumb
goto top
Tehr wrote:[*]If the Titan can't see where the Builders are, that defeats the purpose of moving the dropship closer, which we determined was a really good idea
To be fair in wc3 the Titan had no vision and could not even move his camera away from the spawn cage, which was located a fair distance away from gold. He had no idea what he was up against or in what direction people left.
Tehr wrote:[*]That deviates too far from the core gametype of Island Defense
Not really, no.
Tehr wrote:[*]This can almost guarantee that DTs will die instantly, since you can spawn in a better spot as Thor, they will try to check out what you are, and you can scan and kill them from the shadows like a ninja
First of all, only intelligent players actually put their DT in a spot where A) they don't die instantly, and B) they can see what the Titan is. These same players still stop hanging out in that spot.
Tehr wrote:[*]People will either quit ID forever because of this terrible idea, or they will incessantly troll forever and always, and will never stop under any circumstances
People have quit ID forever for stupider reasons.
Tehr wrote:[*]You make the stupidest ideas
Well now hold the fuck on. This doesn't even come close to the level of stupidity of those guys that had the idea that the earth was 6000 years old.
Tehr wrote:[*]Frankly, the Titan needs to have some consistency. If the Titan has to change where he spawns every game, he will get confused, and that will lead to some bad shit
It'd spice things up, though.
Tehr wrote:[*]Also, if the Titan gets confused, then his confusion will spread to all of the Builders, including the KT, who will then have no idea what he's supposed to do, and will therefore leave his Medic in Gold
what
Tehr wrote:[*]This can be really tough if the Titan is a Firebat. If he can spawn at the bottom of Gold, then he is approximately 3 seconds closer to bottom right than before, which means that he can get to bottom right within 29 seconds (instead of 32 seconds), which is before the Builder places its warning walls, which leads to feeding and death, and a completely imbalanced game
You DARE make the accusation that this is an otherwise balanced game? Have you at, knave!
Tehr wrote:[*]It's too complicated
Not at all
Tehr wrote:[*]It's really tough to do in GE. It's impossible to warp in a unit, as you should know, since GE does not allow such a thing, and all Titans MUST be spawned via Egg.[*]You're dumb[/list]
No? Have the Titan initially have control of an actor offscreen. This actor has one ability, Place Egg. Place Egg would have some absurd range (enough to encompass the whole map), and after a short delay, place the Titan Egg at the cursor.
Tehr wrote:However, I would like to hear your reasonings. Please, tell me the reasons why, and attempt to refute my indomitable arguments.
You left out one thing, though.

1) The Titan can place himself on otherwise unreachable ground with no way to get down. A titan that does this would obviously be too stupid to use teleport, thus leaving the game.