ID2 Firebat

Suggest improvements to existing titans, minion, or create a new one!

Moderator: Development

?

ye
33%
ne
33%
Need a fix that I'm too lazy to comment
33%
op faggot
No votes

Total votes: 3

Nightblade
Gold Mine
battle.net: Cthulu 940

ID2 Firebat

Post by Nightblade »

AKA. Not a fucking Devil Dog.
Consuming Fury [Passive]
    Every unit killed restores health 3 X Titan level. Buildings killed restore health 5 X Titan level. Damage dealt by nukes is not included.

Eruption-
    Deals 100 damage over 3 seconds. Applies the burning effect. Burning units have their LoS dropped by 3/4/5, and are dealt 25/50/75 damage over 5 seconds. Same range/aoe as before.

Infernal Fury-
    Infernal Fury Heals 100/150/200 health immediately, and also reduces damage taken by 5%10%/15% During the period he also regains 1% of his health for every attack he makes.

Immolate-
    Ignites his essence, feeding his flame. Toggled drain. Regens .5/1/1.5 HP per mana drained. Drains at .25/.5/.75% mana per second.

Flame Siphon-
    Drains 5% of your current health in order to add a stack of flame siphon. Flame siphon alters your next basic attack to deal 10/15/20% more damage. This bonus is added for each stack enabled. (Ex. If you have 3 stacks at level 3 you will deal 60% additional damage.) Attacking removes 1 stack. Cooldown is 3/4/5 seconds. 1 stack drains every 10/15/20 seconds. Max out at 3/4/5 stacks.

Eternal Flame-
    Massively increases mana regen and health regen rate. During this period the stacks of Flame Siphon is set to max.
Last edited by Nightblade on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:23 am, edited 8 times in total.
Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Re: ID2 Firebat

Post by Tehr »

Change the color of your First Passive title.

Actual feedback coming afterwards.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Nightblade
Gold Mine

Post by Nightblade »

Color selected at random.
Tehr
Demonicus

Post by Tehr »

Use 69CCF0 or 00BFFF instead of Black.

I'm really kind of... concerned/intrigued about the way his abilities will really perform with upgrades. For one, I like how each and every upgrade is useful to him in some way, shape, or form. That normally goes hand in hand with good design.

However, I am concerned about the enormous diminishing returns some of his abilities have depending on your choice of upgrade. If you choose to upgrade Health, then you're stabbing yourself in the foot when you consider using Flame Siphon. You also gain an additional 1 health per upgrade (per attack) with his Infernal Fury ability. You also increase healing when you upgrade attack speed, but doing so is veritable suicide if you use Flame Siphon since you need to use it on cooldown to keep it at high stacks. Your Flame Siphon becomes rapidly more useful when using stacking damage and maintaining a slow attack speed, and also increases the speed at which you heal from Consuming Fury, and so far Damage seems to have no diminishing returns. Health Regen is overall useful, and doesn't cause you to particularly suffer with any of his abilities; however, neither does it boost any of his abilities, unless you're considering having Eternal Flame scale with Health Regen. Immolate is the freak ability, as it does not scale. I find that if you're making everything else in his toolkit (besides Nuke, because that's just ridiculous) scale with a stat upgrade, why not this one, too?

Right, so those are my concerns. Here are my suggestions:

1. Cause Immolate to not only drain energy and grant health, but also have it increase Health Regen by X% while it is enabled. You can instead choose to have Infernal Fury increase Health Regen by X% for the duration instead of or in addition to granting the base health. This would allow Health Regen to scale with his upgrades.
  2. Cause Immolate to take 0.1%/0.25%/0.4% of total Energy instead of a base amount. This would make Energy directly increase his survivability (and let it scale with his upgrades), instead of just letting him regenerate longer. Everyone would rather regenerate faster than longer anyway, since that gives it utility in a siege.
  3. Cause Flame Siphon to reduce passive health regeneration by 10% per stack. It is a wee bit OP right now (You can literally oneshot walls with this at max stats, which causes you to heal via Consuming Fury), and this would also give Health Regen a diminishing return on one of his abilities.
  4. Rework his Ultimate, or ensure that it lasts far longer than it currently does (but isn't as effective). It doesn't even sound FUN as it is, although it's pretty overpowered since you can just sit at double damage with all of your abilities going at once, and not even have to flinch. A possibility is to make it regenerate a total of 4000 Health and 2000 Mana over 8 seconds and have him sit at max stacks of Flame Siphon, but to also reduce his damage done by 40%. This counters the fact that his damage is so enormous for the duration, but dulls the lackluster regeneration side of this ability. This means he would deal 120% damage over 8 seconds, but be regenerating health and mana constantly over that 8 seconds (increased because of his Passive, Immolate, and Infernal Fury), leaving him fresh and at 5 stacks of Flame Siphon at the end.

You may not have planned it this way, but I think that the biggest theme of this Titan is that each of his abilities directly scales up his abilities and his survivability/throughput, but also reduces his effectiveness in another one of his skills. This common point throughout his abilities is good, and it makes for a well-rounded Titan that allows for a greater variety in playstyles than most Titans.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Nightblade
Gold Mine

Post by Nightblade »

The ult isn't really to my liking, hence this ->http://sc2id.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6049
I'm still looking for a good replacement.

Flame siphon now drains HP based on a % of current health.
As such it will now drop you to 77% health (Assuming you start from full) for full stacks neglecting regeneration.
It used to be 7.5%, that'd drop you to 68% health. (From Full)
I may change it back to 7.5. He has a lot of regen and that amount will be slightly less significant.
Of course if you start at a lower health it'll drain less.
Tehr
Demonicus

Post by Tehr »

I think that you might want to revert Flame Siphon and make it give a diminishing return on Health Regen ONLY. The Health cost was balanced - if a bit high for my liking - when it was 5%, and the only reason I suggest changing it was because it offered a chance to reduce the effectiveness of Health Regen. I still think that Immolate or Infernal Fury could do with a slight change to grant a buff to Health Regen, too, as that's the very last upgrade that really hasn't been addressed.

Other than that - and assuming you do something to tie Health Regen in - I like the concept and the execution.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Nightblade
Gold Mine

Post by Nightblade »

I'm going to be honest I have very little clue as to what you just said.
Vallvaka

Post by Vallvaka »

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Tehr
Demonicus

Post by Tehr »

Make Flame Siphon 5% of current health to use it, down from 7.5%, and reduce health gained from passive regeneration by 5% per stack.
Have Infernal Fury grant 3.3(3)% additional Health Regeneration every time the Firebat attacks with Infernal Fury active. Lasts 5 seconds, stacks indefinitely.

Assuming you do those things, I believe both the concept and execution are acceptable.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Sen
New(er) Management
battle.net: Sen - 435

Post by Sen »

yopeasants wrote:Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

What the fuck