Non-IceLordRelatedStuff

Suggest improvements to existing titans, minion, or create a new one!

Moderator: Development

Brizingr5
Dark Prism

Re: Ice Lord Changes

Post by Brizingr5 »

The best part is: as zling, I do still keep my buildings low health, lol

but basically you either:
a) increased the gap between being that pro
or b) removed having that level of skill from being an option

Pro-detting isn't a skill all on its own. Along with pro-detting, people become capable of many other things: like wall dropping, speed of base set-up, and other things. It was a benchmark of skill, but without it, you really create a cap on player skill. Only thing that brings that skill back is playing KT or the eventual lumonicus.
9Zakarious6
Monolith
battle.net: Zakarious #1334

Post by 9Zakarious6 »

Brizingr5 wrote:The best part is: as zling, I do still keep my buildings low health, lol

but basically you either:
a) increased the gap between being that pro
or b) removed having that level of skill from being an option

Pro-detting isn't a skill all on its own. Along with pro-detting, people become capable of many other things: like wall dropping, speed of base set-up, and other things. It was a benchmark of skill, but without it, you really create a cap on player skill. Only thing that brings that skill back is playing KT or the eventual lumonicus.

This increases the skill it takes to pro-det, not lowers it...
Because before, pro-det wasn't really pro-det since any decent player did it.
Phase-Smith
No amount of GHz or teraflops will be able to overcome the excessive lag between your neurons.
Brizingr5
Dark Prism

Post by Brizingr5 »

then remind me why the majority of pros just don't even bother w/ detting everything anymore? It's like the ovie cap. We just don't bother trying to get vision in areas anymore because you really can't.

On topic: I still don't see why, even if you get frozen, it's basically an instant kill. Seems a bit too strong there. Like the immo nuke...
quantifier
Mechanized Sentry

Post by quantifier »

Brizingr5 wrote:then remind me why the majority of pros just don't even bother w/ detting everything anymore? It's like the ovie cap. We just don't bother trying to get vision in areas anymore because you really can't.

On topic: I still don't see why, even if you get frozen, it's basically an instant kill. Seems a bit too strong there. Like the immo nuke...

What? I still try to det everything, and I still spread overlords... So do many players. Of course, I don't det perfectly right now, because it has only been out for three days. Also, I don't bother with detting everything if the top feeder has fed 4000 exp.
When you see this, smile.
Brizingr5
Dark Prism

Post by Brizingr5 »

Only reason to spread ovies is so they don't all get nuked at once, but as far as vision goes, nobody even bothers anymore unless they're in a base with nothing else to do.
quantifier
Mechanized Sentry

Post by quantifier »

Brizingr5 wrote:Only reason to spread ovies is so they don't all get nuked at once, but as far as vision goes, nobody even bothers anymore unless they're in a base with nothing else to do.

.... .... .... .... .... .... ....

Put them by gold... Put them around your wood base. You can cover most areas in roughly a quater of the map alone. I see a lot of good, or even decent, players doing this. Oh, and you know the purge gold ability? It has a long cooldown. I sometimes put overlords at the edge of the gold even if the titan knows purge.
When you see this, smile.
9Zakarious6
Monolith
battle.net: Zakarious #1334

Post by 9Zakarious6 »

I always spread 20+ ovies every game as zling. Around my wood base and around gold.
Phase-Smith
No amount of GHz or teraflops will be able to overcome the excessive lag between your neurons.
Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Post by Tehr »

9Zakarious6 wrote:I always spread 20+ ovies every game as zling. Around my wood base and around gold.

And it's OP as fuck when you're a Titan. I wish Titan had cliff vision so I can nuke ovies when I find them instead of wasting scan. At least then I get SOME feed, instead of nothing when they have 20 seconds worth of warning.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Brizingr5
Dark Prism

Post by Brizingr5 »

Agreed, some mechanic similar to that would be nice, but titan cliff vision would cause other issues: like cliff miners and such.
Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Post by Tehr »

Brizingr5 wrote:Agreed, some mechanic similar to that would be nice, but titan cliff vision would cause other issues: like cliff miners and such.

It also fixes derpy pathing (as long as the building is within attack range) when running up a ramp, allows Titans with targeted nukes to kill workers like the Firebat can, and means that scan is used for reconnaissance and detection, not feeding.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]