Ice Lord Changes

Suggest improvements to existing titans, minion, or create a new one!

Moderator: Development

HunkofSteel
Monolith
battle.net: ?????

Re: Ice Lord Changes

Post by HunkofSteel »

lol extreme. No you are looking at the extreme. You are looking at the extreme good players side. You say these pubs are the majority? You are wrong. Obviously, you think NA noobs are bad. You haven't seen bad. I've seen players play for 2 years and haven't improved a wee bit; they still insist of reaper basing with supplies. What makes things harder to accept is that they actually go on the ID channel.

You want to balance for people who "knows how to play". So I guess knowledge of the mechanics is enough for this game. I know this when I say it, this game is VERY EASY to get. Pulling it off is a whole lot harder.

As a builder, all you have to know is mechanics. The rest is easy peesy. Why? Becase essentially you are pulling NOTHING off. You are just following your basic mechanics of base, support, and upgrade. However, when it comes to hunting, people obviously have trouble pulling this off because they cannot execute it. A good player and a bad one should be known by this; how well they can execute manuvers. Not some "OP BASE SHIT COMING RIGHT UP".

As a Titan, you have to know BOTH the mechanics of the game AND be able to execute the necessary manuevres for each condition. What makes things more difficult; builders set the condition. THAT is what makes Titan so hard. And why tons of people can't play good Titan. They cannot execute the right movements during the small timing window the builders GIVE. If builders make no mistake, Titan loses. If Titan makes mistake, Titan loses.

And topic derailed. We are supposed to be talking about Ice Lord.
What is better than a shit post?
A shitposting thread!

quantifier
Mechanized Sentry

Post by quantifier »

I don't get its ultimate... still.
When you see this, smile.
9Zakarious6
Monolith
battle.net: Zakarious #1334

Post by 9Zakarious6 »

quantifier wrote:I don't get its ultimate... still.

I've never gotten a chance to use it...
Phase-Smith
No amount of GHz or teraflops will be able to overcome the excessive lag between your neurons.
HunkofSteel
Monolith
battle.net: ?????

Post by HunkofSteel »

FREEZE FREEZE OH SHIT I GOT NO MANA

If I remember correctly from Endless's channel.
What is better than a shit post?
A shitposting thread!

quantifier
Mechanized Sentry

Post by quantifier »

9Zakarious6 wrote:
quantifier wrote:I don't get its ultimate... still.

I've never gotten a chance to use it...

I did, twice. As far as I am aware, it is glitchy, may be good as a second immo nuke for chasing, may be an escape ability with recall, but pretty much does nothing else.

Of course, there is also the problem that you cannot stop the ultimate unless you run out of energy or you recall.
When you see this, smile.
Scythe
Brutalisk
battle.net: Scythe 499

Post by Scythe »

Icelord:

Replace stun with 99% slow.

Balanced.
SonOfKorhal
Miner
battle.net: SonOfKorhal 685

Post by SonOfKorhal »

That idea of not freezing workers is pretty good
Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Post by Tehr »

For balancing purposes, and to ensure that Ice Lord doesn't remain the worst Titan (which it is, in the opinions of many):

4) Cause the Heal to also decrease Attack Speed of affected targets by 15%, as it was supposed to do in early development stages
5) Add cooler sounds and flashy effects to his abilities. Look at Firebat and Archon, if you need examples. ARES needs this as well, and you should get rid of the RRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG bullshit robot sounds from ARES, too. Those are just annoying.
6) Make the nuke deal damage over a shorter time period, or deal more of its damage quickly at first, reducing over time.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Bontazor
Bontalisk

Post by Bontazor »

Icelord vari vari fun
WeareLegion
Hellion

Post by WeareLegion »

Now that HOTS has better Abberation sounds, can they be implemented into the HOTS version?