Minion: The Creep Minion

Suggest improvements to existing titans, minion, or create a new one!

Moderator: Development

Do you like this? Do you want this?

I like it, but its not for ID1.
0
No votes
I like it, it should be implemented.
0
No votes
I do not like it, but its necessary.
0
No votes
I do not like it, and I hate to see this come.
2
100%
Needs some rethought, but otherwise good (Please State)
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 2

Tehr
Demonicus
Posts: 6538
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:00 am
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477
Location: Somewhere Tehrific

Re: Minion: The Creep Minion

Post by Tehr »

And please format your wall of text well, I find it hard to reply.

How do you WANT me to format it? I addressed each point individually, it can't get any easier to reply than that. Like damn.

What? PAin share only shares the damage between minion and target. And its not stackable. If you read the top of the page, it says clearly all skills are not stackable, unless stated otherwise.

Ultimate on the Solo Minion plus Pain Share. You take 47.5% reduced damage. Plus it's irrelevant anyway, you can't do damage link abilities.


Going to restate this because I think that you're completely missing the point I'm making. It doesn't matter how weak or useless you make a Minion on its own; its mere presence causes the snowballing effect. Their reduced damage is pointless, because right now, Minions are still weak as hell. The problem abilities (that one might consider OP) almost all exist in some form or another in your suggestion (Lift, Guardian Shields, Healbus), not to mention the fact that every single Minion grants another scan, and another enemy wandering around to disrupt wooding or camp the Gold.
I have to disagree with the entire concept. You say that it's the Minions themselves that are flawed, but not the idea of Minions in general. This, in my opinion, is false, in that Minions provide not only an additional scan, but allow the Titan to effectively be in two places at once. While the damage itself is low on these Minions, the fact remains that you STILL have to detonate your wood base. In that regard, it's simply the Minions' presence that is powerful, and that leads to snowballing.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
HunkofSteel
Monolith
Posts: 3343
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:06 am
battle.net: ?????
Location: In the shower . You won't find me.

Re: Minion: The Creep Minion

Post by HunkofSteel »

And I'll say this too. That snowballing is so small it is acceptable. The snowballing of minions running around killing builders is not. The snowballing of minions killing BASES is not. The snowballing of having infinite map presence is not acceptable.
What is better than a shit post?
A shitposting thread!

Image
HunkofSteel
Monolith
Posts: 3343
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:06 am
battle.net: ?????
Location: In the shower . You won't find me.

Re: Minion: The Creep Minion

Post by HunkofSteel »

HunkofSteel wrote:
Its a suggestion for several minions. The purpose of all these minion, is to of course support Titan. Minions are all part of the snowballing effect. However, they are also an absolutely MUST HAVE in Titan's arsenal of weapons.

With this said, I believe that our current minions are flawed. The idea that Titan have minions are not flawed, but the minions themselves are.


I feel dumb having to quote myself and explain.

What is the idea of Titan have minions: The idea of presence. The idea that Titan gets an extra unit in the map. The idea that these unit will help Titan win through slight snowballing.

What I find wrong aboout our CURRENT minis: They are too strong.

What I want to fix: Make minis weak, but keep the idea of presence and snowball.

Hope this clears things up.
What is better than a shit post?
A shitposting thread!

Image
Sen
New(er) Management
Posts: 9790
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:07 pm
battle.net: Sen - 435
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Minion: The Creep Minion

Post by Sen »

Can I ask you a question?

Do you expect us to know what you're thinking?

Well, that was two.
Image
Tehr
Demonicus
Posts: 6538
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:00 am
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477
Location: Somewhere Tehrific

Re: Minion: The Creep Minion

Post by Tehr »

HunkofSteel wrote:
HunkofSteel wrote:
Its a suggestion for several minions. The purpose of all these minion, is to of course support Titan. Minions are all part of the snowballing effect. However, they are also an absolutely MUST HAVE in Titan's arsenal of weapons.

With this said, I believe that our current minions are flawed. The idea that Titan have minions are not flawed, but the minions themselves are.


I feel dumb having to quote myself and explain.

What is the idea of Titan have minions: The idea of presence. The idea that Titan gets an extra unit in the map. The idea that these unit will help Titan win through slight snowballing.

What I find wrong aboout our CURRENT minis: They are too strong.

What I want to fix: Make minis weak, but keep the idea of presence and snowball.

Hope this clears things up.


It's not Minion strength and power that is the dangerous thing, though. I've tried to say it multiple times. Their power is almost completely irrelevant. The fact that they EXIST means that the Builders have more shit to worry about. If any one of these Minions camp Gold, they'll stop Builders from harvesting. If any one of these Minions find your wood base, you'll be forced to move. THAT'S what is overpowered about Minions. In nine games out of ten, the Titan gets almost all of the kills, and the ones where the Minions contribute is when they nuke, or the Builder is running in a straight line away from any juke... And in those latter cases, even these "weakified" Minions will still get a kill.

Pretty much, my point is that you cannot make them weak enough so that they're not snowballing with their presence and ability to disrupt wooding/golding, but powerful enough that they're not completely useless (i.e. Builders Golding even though the Titan is attacking them).
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
quantifier
Mechanized Sentry
Posts: 3862
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:14 am

Re: Minion: The Creep Minion

Post by quantifier »

Completely irrelevant to the topic, but you can always do something drastic like restrict a minion's movement to a specific quadrant of the map. Then, while they definitely contribute, they don't snowball as much.

Not saying that it is a good idea
When you see this, smile.
HunkofSteel
Monolith
Posts: 3343
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:06 am
battle.net: ?????
Location: In the shower . You won't find me.

Re: Minion: The Creep Minion

Post by HunkofSteel »

Sen wrote:Can I ask you a question?

Do you expect us to know what you're thinking?

Well, that was two.


Well, you can always ask.

Tehr wrote:i.e. Builders Golding even though the Titan is attacking them).
Tehr wrote:
HunkofSteel wrote:
HunkofSteel wrote:
Its a suggestion for several minions. The purpose of all these minion, is to of course support Titan. Minions are all part of the snowballing effect. However, they are also an absolutely MUST HAVE in Titan's arsenal of weapons.

With this said, I believe that our current minions are flawed. The idea that Titan have minions are not flawed, but the minions themselves are.


I feel dumb having to quote myself and explain.

What is the idea of Titan have minions: The idea of presence. The idea that Titan gets an extra unit in the map. The idea that these unit will help Titan win through slight snowballing.

What I find wrong aboout our CURRENT minis: They are too strong.

What I want to fix: Make minis weak, but keep the idea of presence and snowball.

Hope this clears things up.


It's not Minion strength and power that is the dangerous thing, though. I've tried to say it multiple times. Their power is almost completely irrelevant. The fact that they EXIST means that the Builders have more shit to worry about. If any one of these Minions camp Gold, they'll stop Builders from harvesting. If any one of these Minions find your wood base, you'll be forced to move. THAT'S what is overpowered about Minions. In nine games out of ten, the Titan gets almost all of the kills, and the ones where the Minions contribute is when they nuke, or the Builder is running in a straight line away from any juke... And in those latter cases, even these "weakified" Minions will still get a kill.

Pretty much, my point is that you cannot make them weak enough so that they're not snowballing with their presence and ability to disrupt wooding/golding, but powerful enough that they're not completely useless (i.e. Builders Golding even though the Titan is attacking them).


So you are saying that what I've crafted CANNOT disrupt wooding and golding? Even though they have OP abilities?
What is better than a shit post?
A shitposting thread!

Image
Tehr
Demonicus
Posts: 6538
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:00 am
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477
Location: Somewhere Tehrific

Re: Minion: The Creep Minion

Post by Tehr »

HunkofSteel wrote:
Spoiler: show
Sen wrote:Can I ask you a question?

Do you expect us to know what you're thinking?

Well, that was two.


Well, you can always ask.

Tehr wrote:i.e. Builders Golding even though the Titan is attacking them).
Tehr wrote:
HunkofSteel wrote:
HunkofSteel wrote:
Its a suggestion for several minions. The purpose of all these minion, is to of course support Titan. Minions are all part of the snowballing effect. However, they are also an absolutely MUST HAVE in Titan's arsenal of weapons.

With this said, I believe that our current minions are flawed. The idea that Titan have minions are not flawed, but the minions themselves are.


I feel dumb having to quote myself and explain.

What is the idea of Titan have minions: The idea of presence. The idea that Titan gets an extra unit in the map. The idea that these unit will help Titan win through slight snowballing.

What I find wrong aboout our CURRENT minis: They are too strong.

What I want to fix: Make minis weak, but keep the idea of presence and snowball.

Hope this clears things up.


It's not Minion strength and power that is the dangerous thing, though. I've tried to say it multiple times. Their power is almost completely irrelevant. The fact that they EXIST means that the Builders have more shit to worry about. If any one of these Minions camp Gold, they'll stop Builders from harvesting. If any one of these Minions find your wood base, you'll be forced to move. THAT'S what is overpowered about Minions. In nine games out of ten, the Titan gets almost all of the kills, and the ones where the Minions contribute is when they nuke, or the Builder is running in a straight line away from any juke... And in those latter cases, even these "weakified" Minions will still get a kill.

Pretty much, my point is that you cannot make them weak enough so that they're not snowballing with their presence and ability to disrupt wooding/golding, but powerful enough that they're not completely useless (i.e. Builders Golding even though the Titan is attacking them).


So you are saying that what I've crafted CANNOT disrupt wooding and golding? Even though they have OP abilities?


No, I'm saying that ANYTHING that even slightly resembles a Minion will disrupt Golding and Wooding. That is the entire point of Minions, plus to support the Titan. But it is also the only thing that snowballs. Their presence is the exact reason we're getting rid of Minions, NOT because they're doing too much damage. While I agree that they ARE doing too much damage, my point is that you cannot reduce their damage to the point where they are no longer dangerous on their own (which is what you're trying to accomplish with your Minions) WITHOUT making them completely useless. My point is that we shouldn't try to change Minions; we should remove them and add Souls instead.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Sen
New(er) Management
Posts: 9790
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:07 pm
battle.net: Sen - 435
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Minion: The Creep Minion

Post by Sen »

HunkofSteel wrote:
Sen wrote:Can I ask you a question?

Do you expect us to know what you're thinking?

Well, that was two.


Well, you can always ask.

No, its not our job to ask. It is your job (well, job is relative) as the presenter to explain everything to us. Remember, you're suggesting this. We are not obligated to look at this suggestion.
Image
AirFlare
Supreme Developer
Posts: 1363
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:36 pm
battle.net: AirFlare 1515
Location: Canada

Re: Minion: The Creep Minion

Post by AirFlare »

Hmmm am I the only one that think this is kinda modifying the Island Defense game ? I don't know for you guys, but having an immortal minion to hunt, a firebat to nuke, ultras to heal etc. is a good aspect of the game that makes it interesting. I agree 100% with you the snowball effect should be changed, and I like your idea, but I wouldn't personally enjoy to see the current minions removed :(

Maybe combine both ideas ? Like remove heal (Except for ultra) and one ability (except nuke) to the current minions, and add more "supportive" abilities like your minions, depending of which minion ? So fusion both your minions caracteristics and the "mini-titans" we have right now.
Also raise a little bit their damage and make their weapon unable to attack main builders ?
Please contact me for any questions/comments: ysalol@live.ca
or on Steam: AirFlare
Locked