Zephyr - Titan of Wind

Suggest improvements to existing titans, minion, or create a new one!

Moderator: Development

Scythe
Brutalisk
battle.net: Scythe 499

Re: Zephyr - Titan of Wind

Post by Scythe »

Transience? Yeah I like to have a passive for Titans like in DotA games. Chrona has a passive too. Best thing about passives: They are sooooe easy to do in GE.

I really wanna cry thinking about the nuke of this Titan. I had to copy the entire stupid effect chain 3x because blizzard is too dumb to make a working ability level validator - so I cannot use switch effects to determine the damage of the ability. It would reduce the work on so many abilities by so much.

But no - the only case in which switch effects are really useful they don't work because the validator sucks ass.
Masterful
Stalker
battle.net: Masterful.168

Post by Masterful »

Switch effects have a whole range of uses. I've used then in levellable chain effects before, there might just be an error in a field of yours or its not setup correctly.
Scythe
Brutalisk

Post by Scythe »

Nope - the validator for ability level doesn't work and it's commonly known. Switch effects work fine, it's just this validator that sucks.
Masterful
Stalker

Post by Masterful »

Use a trigger to equate the validator to a requirement which counts the level of the ability.
Masterful
Stalker

Post by Masterful »

There's actually a better way now that I think about it. Have one effect, but when the Titan levels up use triggers to apply an upgrade which increases the damage by x amount. There's probably a way to do that solely with data, but I don't have access to the editor at the moment.
Scythe
Brutalisk

Post by Scythe »

Okay question:

What do you guys think is more fun: Hurricane being a passive that proccs every X attacks (X depends on level MAYBE) or as an active ability that gives you the chain-reaction for every attack during the duration?
Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Post by Tehr »

Passive, and make Wind Shear the legitimate D ability.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Scythe
Brutalisk

Post by Scythe »

I was going to switch Celerity and Wind Shear anyway in terms of posi/button.

Currently I'm trying to make Wind Shear more awesome. All abilities of this Titan are overwhelming and great, but Wind Shear lacks. Currently I tried making it a missle that sucks everything into it.
Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Post by Tehr »

No, leave it as it is. It's fine now, and you do NOT need to make every single ability shiny and fancy and shit just because they feel lackluster. Firebat's abilities are all very simple and basic and he's one of the best Titans out there. Make it an instant ability that knocks all enemy units away from the epicenter.

Seriously man, stop with the bells and whistles. They're actually HINDERING your Titan's progression.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Scythe
Brutalisk

Post by Scythe »

Perfection is always hindering progression. Keep in mind this isn't a factory here and I can waste as much time on a Titan as I want - it is up to question if they get added at all anyway. So I want Wind Shear something that is fun to use and not overpowered (that's why I dislike the knockback, because it can so easily be abused for chasing on a Titan that already is lolwtfawesome for chasing).

I will try around until I find something great.