[Titan] Magus the Titan of Spells.

Suggest improvements to existing titans, minion, or create a new one!

Moderator: Development

Critikill
Titan
battle.net: Critikill#1658

Re: [Titan] Magus the Titan of Spells.

Post by Critikill »

Windwalk is stealth.
HunkofSteel
Monolith
battle.net: ?????

Post by HunkofSteel »

Tehr wrote:
1) Allow Dynamite Blast to be cast at early levels
Ok
2) Increase damage of Magickal Wave at early levels
No. Because Magickal Wave already can do 125 damage right at level 1. I wasn't too clear on that, but the maximum damage is supposed to be in the center of the nuke, with the minimum being at the sides. Again, this was my fault in miscommunication.
3) Slaves of the Magus Eggs need to take normal damage at the LEAST, if not 100% additional damage, instead of 50% reduced damage
Why? I really don't see why. Most infesters DON'T go infesteds because 1) they die too easily and 2) they feed TH exp. By giving them DR, they would survive longer, while giving around the same amount of exp.
4) Magical Shielding should generate stacks more quickly, but it should have a delay upon taking damage. Effectively, generate a new stack every 3-5 seconds, but add a 30 second delay. That adds a bit of skill required on the Builder's side, because a DT or TH can poke him to cause the delay while he's regenerating from a siege.
I'm going to rethink this a little. Will keep your suggestion in mind.
5) Change Wall of Magic to 100 Health and 20 Armor
Heres the thing.... builders do 125 damage. Why the hell should builders be able to one shot the wall? If they could one shot it, the point of the wall is mainly lost. The only thing left is messing up AI, which I'm not too big of a fan of intentionally doing.
6) Magickal Wave's range needs to be increased to at least 12. Having it set at 7 is pretty damn low for the only feed ability he gets until level 4 (wherein he gets another one that deals only 75 damage)
His feeding powers are increased significantly with vortex. Suck in workers, they can't det, one nuke KO.
Although I feel like the range increase is justified. Will be changing that.

Questions:
1) What is windwalk?
Invisible
2) Does he have normal skill points?
No. Each level unlocks a different spell, as well as increase potency of current spells.
3) What is the range of Cocktail of Power (different from bomb radius)?
Ok, my English gave way here again. Bomb radius is the range of Cocktail of Power, which is 4. One Blast can only hit one unit.
4) What is the range of Dynamite Blast?
7) Is there a global cooldown on abilities after switching command cards?
No. The Titan is meant to spam spells as much as possible, given he has shit attack and hp.

Nightblade wrote:A titan with 15 abilities that he gains all of by level 6 (exception of ult.) Is a bad idea.
If I actually had 2 brains with me, I could have done this a WHOLE LOT BETTER. But yes, the concept is that he gains most of them mid-level, while only some get in early, and some get in late. I don't see whats so bad about this, except that he sucks overall.

Skillpoints are there for good reason IMO. You have to decide if you get what ability when. Some are better than others but you may need to level some for utility. For example archon. Most archon players won't level his heal until level 6. Similar for festor. This titan doesn't have that flexibility. It's abilities become torn between good and awful.
The point of the Titan is to have such a large amount of skills that nearly every situation is accounted for.The only flexibility here is choosing your spells to use. Although I would have loved to see more synergy in his skills, I realized just how limited Titans must be if we are to balance them. Another reason to chuck at broken ID.
Also how do his CDs work? Can I chain all 5 or whatever slows and nukes in succession so long as I can click fast enough?
All have independant cooldowns. Yes, you can chain them IF you are fast enough.
Not to mention that using abilities would be hell on Earth.
I bet Dragoneless and Sen are making that face when they see this :D

And yea, no one has answered whether this Titan is difficult to play.

The entire point of this Titan is to have him so difficult that only the pros can use him. Average players will fail hard. If it ain't difficult, I'm scraping it (NB loves this).

desu, I find it so hard to make a Titan that is out-of-the-box. Just because so many ideas get shoved down the drain because of the difference between late game and early game. If I could, I would just have copied over Dota's Invoker, because that is one hero only the masters can play. Even though he is broken by concept, he is balanced by reality.
What is better than a shit post?
A shitposting thread!

Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Post by Tehr »

He's not difficult to play, and although I like the idea you're using (If you scrap this, I'll remake it), you can't really use directly from DotA or LoL simply because, in our game, we can't simply beat upon Builders and combo spells to kill them, as one nuke and two hits will kill them.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
HunkofSteel
Monolith
battle.net: ?????

Post by HunkofSteel »

Feel free to remake it then.

I'm off to go thinking of a harder and more interesting way to play Titan.

And thats also the reason why I set his attack damage so low,so that he will have a much harder time without spell usage.
What is better than a shit post?
A shitposting thread!

Bontazor
Bontalisk

Post by Bontazor »

I love the critter scouts
Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Post by Tehr »

Bontazor wrote:I love the critter scouts

I agree, particularly after luini told me how I should always kill them because they're scouting for the Titan.

I really like that ability
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]