ID Titan SpiritWalker

Suggest improvements to existing titans, minion, or create a new one!

Moderator: Development

HunkofSteel
Monolith
battle.net: ?????

ID Titan SpiritWalker

Post by HunkofSteel »

Model: Tassadar.

Spell 1 (learnt already) -- Spirit Walk -- Active -- Sends a spirit at target location. Spirit stays there until 10 it is recalled. Spirit moves at 15 MS. Any unit that comes in contact with spirit will take 50 damage once. 40 Range. Spirit grants vision, but with no vision Titan cannot send spirit to area. Spirit is flying unit.
--- Recall Button available here after spirit is gone.

Spoiler: show
Yea I don't like blink.

Spell 2: Spiritual Shock -- Active Nuke -- Creates 3 rippling waves around Titan that damages units. A shockwave between the Titan and his Spirit will also be created and damages units. If Titan uses this skill alone with no spirit, then only the waves would be present. The shockwave will come AFTER the waves are done. One wave takes 0.5 seconds to complete. Damage from shockwave and waves stack. After using this spell, the Spirit will be recalled.

Waves originates from source, and will affect units up to 6 spaces from Titan. Shockwave will be a line of damage created between Titan and Spirit. The line of shockwave is 3x(distance from spirit to Titan). Shockwave will still occur if spirit is moving.

Level 1 --- Waves deals 20 damage. Shockwave deals 60 damage.
    Level 2 --- Waves deal 30 damage. Shockwave deals 70 damage.
    Level 3 --- Waves deal 40 damage. Shockwave deals 80 damage.

Spell 3 Spiritual Link -- Toggeable -- Creates a line between Titan and Spirit. Any unit passing through the line will have their asses revealed for 10 seconds, (automatically eyed) and are silenced (cannot cast spells).

Level 1 --- Silence for 3 seconds.
    Level 2 --- Silence for 4 seconds.
    Level 3 --- Silence for 5 seconds.

Spell 4 (: Fortifying Spirits -- Passive/Active

Passive: Increaes Titan's maximum HP by 2/4/6%.

Active: Increases the regeneration of Titan by 4/6/8% for 5 seconds.

Skill 5 -- Meditation -- Active Channeled -- Titan recalls his spirit and starts to gather his strength. Each second that passes as Titan uses this gives him 1 stack of "Focused" stack. A Focus stack increases his HP by 30, and give 0.5% mana regeneration. After meditation is done, Titan will slowly lose his stacks of Focus. After 5 seconds, Titan loses 3 stack of Focus.
    Level 1 --- Max stack of 10.
    Level 2--- Max stack of 20.
    Level 3 --- Max stack of 30.

Ultimate -- Unquantifiable Power -- There are 3 stages to this ultimate

Stage 1: Channel. Titan sits down and starts channeling. Titan gains 25% DR during this. During the channel, the Titan will be absorbing the damage he is taking. Titan loses 5% of mana for each second he is channeling.
Stage 2: Send Spirit to target location. Spirit cannot relocate.
Stage 3: Ending the Channel. Releases the damage taken from stage 1 to any enemy units or buildings around the Spirit. The damage will be in an area radius of 6 around spirit, and the damage will be spread out.
Last edited by HunkofSteel on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
What is better than a shit post?
A shitposting thread!

Nightblade
Gold Mine
battle.net: Cthulu 940

Re: ID Titan SpiritWalker

Post by Nightblade »

I dislike the mechanic in which the titan's spirit moves. I'd see it as much better if the Spirit was cast on location and stuck there.
Since this titan uses similar mechanics as a hero from LoL who, IMO, has skills that would transfer well. (Zed)

Specifically his nuke mechanic (Q), and his shadow mechanic (W) would both work much better than your suggestion. (No offense intended, but it would)

The stun is too strong. And honestly shouldn't even be there. Look into a slow. Stuns are simply too powerful in a game where you die in 1.5 seconds.

The increased health mechanic is good, but methinks the regen is too low. I'd split this into a seperate ability however. It just doesn't make sense as a pairing. Move this to ability 4 and remove ability 4.

Ability 5 is good.

The ult is just a bad mechanic. No counterplay at all. Free base-break/builder kill, no questions asked. Too powerful.

I don't see why you need 6 abilities on titan. Hard to balance an extra ability with no contrivances.
HunkofSteel
Monolith

Post by HunkofSteel »

Nightblade wrote:I dislike the mechanic in which the titan's spirit moves. I'd see it as much better if the Spirit was cast on location and stuck there.
I don't like a "click to target" type. I really want the nuke to involve a bit more skill then just clicking. Mainly, positioning. The way the Spirit is shaped now is suitable, although very hard to pull off. If there is another way other than click on target and boom boom boom, I would appreciate it.

Since this titan uses similar mechanics as a hero from LoL who, IMO, has skills that would transfer well.
(Zed)

IMO, the champions skills (from what I see) are "click click click". Not to say that it won't work well with ID, but that is what I'm trying to avoid here. If what I see is correct, the main champion does damage, then the shadow does EXTRA damage. But since it is almost GUARANTEED that the damage will be hit, I do not like it.

Specifically his nuke mechanic (Q), and his shadow mechanic (W) would both work much better than your suggestion. (No offense intended, but it would)
I don't see how this would work out honestly, given the limitation I've set on the Titan. And teleportation = OP in ID, so no to that.

The stun is too strong. And honestly shouldn't even be there. Look into a slow. Stuns are simply too powerful in a game where you die in 1.5 seconds.
Noted and changed.

The increased health mechanic is good, but methinks the regen is too low. I'd split this into a seperate ability however. It just doesn't make sense as a pairing. Move this to ability 4 and remove ability 4.

Ability 5 is good.

The ult is just a bad mechanic. No counterplay at all. Free base-break/builder kill, no questions asked. Too powerful.
But the fact that the damage is spread out evens that no? Furthermore, the damage the ulti gives is also reduced by his own DR. You can't stop it, but it doesn't mean it is a free base-break. Hell, it shouldn't be so easy to kill builder if your Spirit can only go one place. Move away from Spirit and you're fine.

Look at the damage first. 6 area radius around spirit. That means at MOST 12 spaces up down left right. 12*12= 144 spaces. 144/4 = 36. Give some miscellaneous space, and it'll be around 33 buildings affected. Suppose Titan takes 2000 damage (DR already included), it means each building/unit takes approximately 60 damage. Assuming Titan explodes Spirit just by the edge of a base, at least two rows of turrets would be affected. At least 10 turrets would be damaged. 2000/10 = 200 damage only. Hell if anything, this is WEAKER than most ultis available.

Yes, there is no counter-play, but it does drain Titan's energy heavily while using this. The DR there not only gives Titan reaction time, but ALSO gives builders reaction time. So in the end, it is more of a stalemate move.

IMO Icelord's ulti is much more powerful than this. This really only damages buildings by a certain amount, letting you attrition a bit faster. I do not see how this is base breaking. You cannot stand there channeling for infinity. Even if you take 5000 damage, the spread out damage on 33 buildings is around 150 damage. Thats barely enough to kill un-upgraded turrets.

I don't see why you need 6 abilities on titan. Hard to balance an extra ability with no contrivances.
The ability to separate from Spirit is the main thing of the Titan.
A shitposting thread!

Nightblade
Gold Mine

Post by Nightblade »

If you make it so the "Tele" on Zed can't go up cliffs it isn't a problem. A 4-5 unit blink could only be used to jump walls and extend your nuke.

I'm not sure what you mean by clicklclickclick, but if you mean skilshots, I recommend them. They are generally more fun to play with.

I disagree that the way you have the shadow now is suitable. So many problems arise from this. Namly the ID map isn't flat. You or your shadow will constantly run into walls and get stuck or god knows what sc2 pathing will try to do. Also it makes it near impossible to manuever the silence and the nuke. Want to try to nuke/silence that builder? Run the other way! Except you can't finish him.

You can easily channel the ult for 30 seconds with some planning. A smart titan won't use it in the middle, but rather towards the edge where you only hit 15-20~ towers. Titan at level 12 titan has something like 4000-5000 HP right? With an ultra heal train at least that. Apply natural armor + the reduction. I'm not sure which sc2 applies first but either way you can easily take enough damage to one-shot half a turret line.

I see the having a spirit completely irrelevent to having 6 abilities. If the spirit is the main thing limit him to 5 and put some scaling on the shadow active.
HunkofSteel
Monolith

Post by HunkofSteel »

Nightblade wrote:If you make it so the "Tele" on Zed can't go up cliffs it isn't a problem. A 4-5 unit blink could only be used to jump walls and extend your nuke.
If Titan has blink, he wouldn't even need a spirit or anything of that kind.
I'm not sure what you mean by clicklclickclick, but if you mean skilshots, I recommend them. They are generally more fun to play with.
The problem is that this isn't much of a skillshot. Unless I change the way the nuke works.

I disagree that the way you have the shadow now is suitable. So many problems arise from this. Namly the ID map isn't flat. You or your shadow will constantly run into walls and get stuck or god knows what sc2 pathing will try to do. Also it makes it near impossible to manuever the silence and the nuke. Want to try to nuke/silence that builder? Run the other way! Except you can't finish him.
Flying spirit wee~~~. FINE I'M CHANGING IT. HAPPY? :evil:
You can easily channel the ult for 30 seconds with some planning. A smart titan won't use it in the middle, but rather towards the edge where you only hit 15-20~ towers. Titan at level 12 titan has something like 4000-5000 HP right? With an ultra heal train at least that. Apply natural armor + the reduction. I'm not sure which sc2 applies first but either way you can easily take enough damage to one-shot half a turret line.
Revised to 5%. Now Titan can only stand there for 20 seconds at most. And I do not take into accounts on having multiple minis. Or else Ice Lord and mini co. would destroy marine base just by freeze alone.

Now to do the maths.

We shall use trans cannons. They have 400 hp + shields. Damage of 50 every 1.75 seconds. Armour of Titan assumed 15.

(50-15)/1.75 = 20 dps
25% DR = 5 DR.
15 DPS
15*20*20 = 6000
6000/20 = 300

Assuming Titan takes on all 35 turrets a base usually has.

15*20*35 = 10500 (<---- You should be dead here)
10500/20 = 525 ( <---- You took out half a base's turrets. But look at your own HP, and no mana. Even meditation won't help you now. But then again, you should be dead before you even got all the damage in.)

Assuming Titan takes only 4500 damage in. (From your 5000 hp Titan. Although I think that a nearer estimate would be 8000).
4500/20 = 225

Assuming 7500
7500/20 = 375 (<---- CLOSE BUT NOT CLOSE ENOUGH)

I agree with the statement that concentrated damage will break bases. Which is why the ultimate is restricted by time, and damage that you will be taking in. Either you take in tons of damage to deal tons of damage BACK, or you take little damage and deal concentrated but little damage BACK.

I see the having a spirit completely irrelevent to having 6 abilities. If the spirit is the main thing limit him to 5 and put some scaling on the shadow active.
A shitposting thread!

Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Post by Tehr »

Not going to post my feedback yet (still typing it up), but on the topic of Blink (without going up cliffs), we'd need to do a lot of map editing to prevent spots like Waterfall from simply getting backdoor'd. As such, I don't think any Titan should have the ability to blink.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
HunkofSteel
Monolith

Post by HunkofSteel »

Changes done.
A shitposting thread!

Nightblade
Gold Mine

Post by Nightblade »

Tehr wrote:Not going to post my feedback yet (still typing it up), but on the topic of Blink (without going up cliffs), we'd need to do a lot of map editing to prevent spots like Waterfall from simply getting backdoor'd. As such, I don't think any Titan should have the ability to blink.

Change it to a dash instead of blink.
Nightblade
Gold Mine

Post by Nightblade »

I think global is a bit much. Range of 40 would probably suffice.
HunkofSteel
Monolith

Post by HunkofSteel »

Anyone else?
A shitposting thread!