ID Titan Mother Turtle

Suggest improvements to existing titans, minion, or create a new one!

Moderator: Development

HunkofSteel
Monolith
battle.net: ?????

ID Titan Mother Turtle

Post by HunkofSteel »

Model: Lava Critter

Skill 1 --- Active --- Shaking Ground
    Titan becomes quicker and, when she makes a step, the ground will shake under her feet, dealing damage to enemies and slowing them. Lasts for 8 seconds. Debuffs do not stack, but buff does.
      Level 1 --- Every 6 units, Titan shakes the ground, dealing 30 damage to nearby enemies and slowing by 0.1. Gains 0.1 MS for every 4 units walked.
      Level 2 --- Every 5 units, Titan shakes the ground, dealing 50 to nearby enemies and slowing by 0.2. Gains 0.1 MS every 4 units walked.
      Level 3 --- Every 4 units, Titan shakes the ground, dealing 60 to nearby enemies and slowing by 0.2. Gains 0.2 MS every 4 units.
    Mana Cost: 150
    Cooldown: 20 seconds.

Skill 2 --- Passive --- Hardening Shells
    Titan's shells gets harder the more they are hit, gaining stacks that increase damage reduction. Titan gains 1 stack per hit, and loses the stack after 10 seconds. Each stack is counted individually. Each stack increases damage reduction by 0.4%.
      Level 1 --- Maximum of 25 stacks.
      Level 2 --- Maximum of 50 stacks.
      Level 3 --- Maximum of 75 stacks.

Skill 3 --- Active Channel --- Rest
    Titan goes to sleep, increasing his regeneration. Should Titan complete Rest without waking up prematurely, he is able to restore bonus health and mana. Titan sleeps for 10 seconds.
      Level 1 --- Increase health/mana regen to 2%. Bonus health/mana of 5%.
      Level 2 --- Increases health/mana regen to 4%. Bonus health/mana of 7%.
      Level 3 --- Increases health/mana regen to 5%. Bonus health/mana of 10%.
    Cooldown: 45 seconds.

Skill 4 --- Active --- Haphazard Dash
    Titan dashes to target 6 units from Titan. Titan loses all of Hardening Shell's stacks as well as take increased damage for 5 seconds. During this 5 seconds, Hardening Shell stacks will not be created.
      Level 1 --- 30% increased damage.
      Level 2 --- 20% increased damage.
      Level 3 --- 10% increased damage.
    Mana Cost: 150
    Cooldown: 25 seconds.

Ultimate --- Active --- Plant Egg
Primary
Spoiler: show
Titan plants an egg anywhere on the map. Egg has 500 health. When Titan dies, he will be respawned in 10 seconds from the egg. However, Titan will only have 1 hp and 1 mana right after respawning. There can only be one egg on the map at any given time. Cooldown of 180 seconds.

Alternative Ultimate Removed.
Last edited by HunkofSteel on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:10 am, edited 6 times in total.
What is better than a shit post?
A shitposting thread!

Tehr
Demonicus
battle.net: Tehr.301, Tehr#1477

Re: ID Titan Mother Turtle

Post by Tehr »

I like this Titan, except for a few minor changes:

1. His Nuke is terrible for feeding.
  2. His Alternative Ultimate is Infestor Ultimate 2.0, and is brokenly overpowered. Just keep his primary Ultimate.
  3. Haphazard Dash is Ice Lord's Freezing Surge 2.0, and is therefore an annoying ability. I suggest giving him something that would assist in feeding, and making that his nuke, and moving his current nuke into the V slot.
  4. I like his Hardening Shells ability, but I think that it ramps up too quickly. I would suggest increasing the stacks to 90 total, and having each stack grant 0.33% damage reduction, because one volley from a base gives him his max DR.

EDIT: Give him an additional ability that allows him to control 2 Critters. That's a sexy idea, and one of the best ideas from your previous Mage Titan.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
HunkofSteel
Monolith

Post by HunkofSteel »

Tehr wrote:I like this Titan, except for a few minor changes:

1. His Alternative Ultimate is Infestor Ultimate 2.0, and is brokenly overpowered. Just keep his primary Ultimate.

His Nuke is terrible for feeding.
      Haphazard Dash is Ice Lord's Freezing Surge 2.0, and is therefore an annoying ability. I suggest giving him something that would assist in feeding, and making that his nuke, and moving his current nuke into the V slot.

I want to address this a bit. The AoE from her wave has a radius of 5. HOWEVER, the main part of this is that it synergiezes REALLY well with dash. Dash also prompts another wave of damage. Reconsider this a bit? The main problem I see with Ice Lord's Freezing Surge is it can be used as an escape, as well as a chase. Thus by shaping the nuke in such a way, as well as getting some increased damage in, Dash would rarely be used as an escape mechanism, but more of a chase/feed. I don't know if you knew dash would also prompt wave, but if you didn't, please reconsider this a bit.
  2. I like his Hardening Shells ability, but I think that it ramps up too quickly. I would suggest increasing the stacks to 90 total, and having each stack grant 0.33% damage reduction, because one volley from a base gives him his max DR.
    Seems right. Although I'm not sure if any Titan can decently stand up to three volleys and not retreating. Looking into a 2.5 volley.

EDIT: Give him an additional ability that allows him to control 2 Critters. That's a sexy idea, and one of the best ideas from your previous Mage Titan.
T_T doesn't fit the theme here! Baby baby baby ohhhhh~~~ BABY TURTLES. Mage Titan was a sad story altogether. It'll still be damn weird to level up a skill just for critters that move so slow. Maybe a learnt ability like Thor's scan?
A shitposting thread!

Tehr
Demonicus

Post by Tehr »

Radius 5 is too small for a nuke if you want it to be used for feeding. It needs another way to earn experience besides that nuke.

Haphazard Dash is annoying not because it's useless, but because it's so clunky to use. Any ability that is a charge will be clunky due to pathing errors, and must be carefully designed to minimize the annoyingness. I think that this Titan has potential, but it needs some work in the feeding area to be ready.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
HunkofSteel
Monolith

Post by HunkofSteel »

Er...Firebat nuke is area of 8? And this is radius of 5. Meaning from one end to the other, you have 10 units. The problem I see here is the damage, not the size. And well....assuming I'm correct that Titan moves 4 spaces in 1 second, then at level 1, you would be making a wave every 1.5 (and decreasing exponentially) seconds for 8 seconds. If you are moving.

I think I want to create and test the ability first before changing it or adding another nuke. Just because at level 1, it can do 240 damage. Given my GE skills...this will take a while.

Was Ice Lord in production for so long because of the problems dash gave? I tried using Ice Lord's dash in ID, and it doesn't give me any problem other than the problem we already have.

I find it interesting where I think the nuke and the dash together is actually great for chase and feeding, while you think the nuke lacks in the feeding area. Me thinks need a third opinion, or some testing.
A shitposting thread!

Tehr
Demonicus

Post by Tehr »

My observations:
1) Ice Lord nuke is sub-par in the feeding sector because it is a range 6 ability, even with an AoE of 3.
2) Your nuke is a range 5 ability with no AoE outside of that range.

Therefore, your nuke is in need of range increases to be useful, or your Titan in general is in need of another way to feed.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
HunkofSteel
Monolith

Post by HunkofSteel »

Think of it this way. The range is Dash, which is 6. The nuke area is 10.
A shitposting thread!

Nightblade
Gold Mine
battle.net: Cthulu 940

Post by Nightblade »

Why not allow titan to awake prematurely? How about he gets a bonus heal for the full channel, but you can break it anytime.
HunkofSteel
Monolith

Post by HunkofSteel »

Nightblade wrote:Why not allow titan to awake prematurely? How about he gets a bonus heal for the full channel, but you can break it anytime.

Should the extra damage reduction be removed if the skill is improved like the way you proposed? I like it, but I really do not know what to do with the damage reduction.
A shitposting thread!

Nightblade
Gold Mine
battle.net: Cthulu 940

Post by Nightblade »

Idc it's your titan. Some DR might not be bad honestly.