Clickbait Title

Suggest and discuss new additions to Island Defense!

Moderator: Development

TerminalLife
Hellion
battle.net: 420

Clickbait Title

Post by TerminalLife »

Hello, new player here! Hi. Hello :)

If I were to make one suggestion that should have been placed in long ago, what would it be?

Island Defense has to be one of the best games at pushing new players away. Why? The system is rigged against new players. A new player has no idea how the game is played let alone how feed works. A person who is playing solo is most likely just going to experience the game for themselves and basically play solo. As we all know ID is a team game, yes but... But, why is it so punishing to one player that feeds? There is even a kick function in place for removing these players from the game. Getting kicked from a game for not even knowing what you did?

How to fix this?

WarCraft 3 IS had a system in place in place just for this. The "feeder board". The board calculated feed that a specific builder gave to titan. As the feed from that player increased, the overall feed that could give to the titan went down by a percentage. This value decreased over time as the game went on.

A system such as this would be a great addition to the game. New players will overall feed less. Might reduce the rate at which new players are kicked from the game thus increasing player retention.

I mentioned just this some years ago but, damn do I really which it was in place. I personally absolutely dislike how new players are essentially kicked from the game.
Tehr wrote:Term went from respectable college student studying exercise kinesiology who was very much interested in physical fitness to being a 420 le dank interwebian.
PTB
Predator
battle.net: .

Re: Clickbait Title

Post by PTB »

TerminalLife wrote:Hello, new player here! Hi. Hello :)

If I were to make one suggestion that should have been placed in long ago, what would it be?

Island Defense has to be one of the best games at pushing new players away. Why? The system is rigged against new players. A new player has no idea how the game is played let alone how feed works. A person who is playing solo is most likely just going to experience the game for themselves and basically play solo. As we all know ID is a team game, yes but... But, why is it so punishing to one player that feeds? There is even a kick function in place for removing these players from the game. Getting kicked from a game for not even knowing what you did?

How to fix this?

WarCraft 3 IS had a system in place in place just for this. The "feeder board". The board calculated feed that a specific builder gave to titan. As the feed from that player increased, the overall feed that could give to the titan went down by a percentage. This value decreased over time as the game went on.

A system such as this would be a great addition to the game. New players will overall feed less. Might reduce the rate at which new players are kicked from the game thus increasing player retention.

I mentioned just this some years ago but, damn do I really which it was in place. I personally absolutely dislike how new players are essentially kicked from the game.

You're like a long time democrat running for office in 2020. You're now fundamentally against the very things you did back in the day lmao. You were probably one of the single biggest deterrents to newer players playing back in your prime. Now you're advocating for protecting them.

But I think sc2id2 or some version of the game had a feederboard of some sort, I dont think it worked out well as the current version doesn't have it.

Hope you're well term :P
TerminalLife
Hellion
battle.net: 420

Post by TerminalLife »

PTB wrote:
TerminalLife wrote:
You're like a long time democrat running for office in 2020. You're now fundamentally against the very things you did back in the day lmao. You were probably one of the single biggest deterrents to newer players playing back in your prime. Now you're advocating for protecting them.
So you are saying I was a good player!? Alright, I'll take it!

I may agree with that whole statement. I did indeed love the game, just as much as I enjoyed winning. Now it's more about just having fun.

I hope all is well with you too.
Tehr wrote:Term went from respectable college student studying exercise kinesiology who was very much interested in physical fitness to being a 420 le dank interwebian.
PTB
Predator
battle.net: .

Post by PTB »

TerminalLife wrote:
PTB wrote:
TerminalLife wrote:
So you are saying I was a good player!? Alright, I'll take it!

I may agree with that whole statement. I did indeed love the game, just as much as I enjoyed winning. Now it's more about just having fun.

I hope all is well with you too.
<3 all is well. Hope you're doing well!

We should get a group of old players back during this period of quarantine to do some inhouses haha
Bontazor
Bontalisk

Post by Bontazor »

sc2id is beginner friendly dont @me