SC2 Island Defense

Replays and Screenshots

Blacklist Thread, Provide Proof

Wanna show off some epic jukes, or a creative base? Post that replay here!

Moderator: Development

Blacklist Thread, Provide Proof

Postby AuestSC2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:00 am

There have been a few unfortunate people throughout SC2ID history that are intentional trolls. Not bad players, but they knoooooow that they're messing up the game for everyone else. They know that, you know that. I would like to start this thread to provide proof and keep track of people who should be kicked before starting any game.

To help keep track without scrolling through entire thread: MegaIce or whatever he goes by, obviously known. I'll update and add more if we decide on more people to added here

Watch replay if you'd like. It was fairly annoying.

Watch the black character, SebastianNL, Dehaka, feeds over 10k xp and 300+ gold by the end of the game
Attachments
Intentional Trolling.SC2Replay
(499.79 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Last edited by AuestSC2 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Auest, Mad Scientist and Dirty Dark Templar Main - even likes to play Spectre WTF?
AuestSC2
Mule

Battle.Net: Auest#1466

Re: Blacklist Thread, Provide Proof

Postby quantifier » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:49 pm

I mean, I'm in favor of the idea, but I thinks mods (and trolls obviously) disagree. Some dude is gonna cry "No naming and shaming!" and get the thread shut down and deleted.
When you see this, smile.
quantifier
Mechanized Sentry

Postby AuestSC2 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:37 pm

Yeah, I agree that it shouldn't be a 1 strike and you're out system, but if we have people intentionally ruining games repeatedly I think there should be something done about it. We don't want people deterred from our game simply because they've been trolled
Auest, Mad Scientist and Dirty Dark Templar Main - even likes to play Spectre WTF?
AuestSC2
Mule

Battle.Net: Auest#1466

Postby quantifier » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:11 am

AuestSC2 wrote:Yeah, I agree that it shouldn't be a 1 strike and you're out system, but if we have people intentionally ruining games repeatedly I think there should be something done about it. We don't want people deterred from our game simply because they've been trolled

I would definitely agree with this. There are definitely players that ruins games and people that troll specific players whenever they can.
quantifier
Mechanized Sentry

Postby Nightblade » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:05 pm

Iirc Blizz doesn't allow you to ban people from your game. Not to mention it'd be annoying to implement.
Perhaps you could make a function to check player name, if player is on a known list, print a message that they're a troll.
However considering the drop rate of players at the beginning of the game (which I assume hasn't changes) then this would be a bad idea. Would cause more people to drop.
Nightblade
Gold Mine

Battle.Net: Cthulu 940

Postby quantifier » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:06 pm

Yeah, those are problems, Nightblade.

I guess the thing to do is just let players know here, not that they'd necessarily remember in game. I feel like it does help though.
quantifier
Mechanized Sentry

Return to Replays and Screenshots